Monday, June 13, 2011

ST. JOSEPH'S RESTORATION - STATIONS OF THE CROSS (2005)

The stations of the cross were actually restored back in the winter/spring of 2005. We cleaned the actual marble and then gilded and faux finished the the framing of each station.





The base and top were stone faux finished and gilded by me and MB and the
columns and pilasters were marbleized by Dave S. I wanted this pic and the
detail pic to help better explain the next project.






I was asked by TL in the fall of 2005 to come back to make a computer mock-up.
At
this point in the project, they were working in the stairways to the choir balcony
and the con
fession room. They knew this area had some stenciling where the the
wall meets the ceiling.







This is what they found. I took a couple of pictures of the original stencil and
then went home and vector traced the photo to create a stencil for the job.







This is what I digitally created.






I then colored the vector drawing and placed it on a photo of one of the stations.
They loved the mock-up; but unfortunately, the budget ran out and they opted
to not do this project.


No comments: